. .



Rogue National
Wild and Scenic River

Rogue River News & Updates

Foster Bar Facilities

Posted: 4/14/14

  • Foster Bar Campground, restrooms and Scat Machine are closed until further notice. Anyone interested in being a Caretaker this summer at Foster Bar contact Tom Hawkins at 541-247-6500 or email thawkins@fs.fed.us.

Smullin Visitor Center Hours

Posted: 4/14/14

  • April 8–May 4: phone messages will be monitored; calls will be answered within a few days.
  • May 5–October 15 Visitor Center doors will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and phone hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit

Posted: 4/14/14

  • Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
  • If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2014 season.
  • Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.

Rogue River Trail Update

Posted: 3/18/14

Battle Bar Update

Posted: 3/18/14

  • Battle Bar toilet is OPEN.

Galice Access Road is now closed

Posted: 11/27/13

Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River

Posted: 11/08/13

Fires Allowed

Posted: 9/25/13

Fires are now allowed on the Rogue River. For more information go to http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/fire-precautions.php.

New for 2014

Posted: 4/29/13

The permit fee, $10 per person, will need to be paid at time of reservation when the permit is reserved less than three weeks before the launch date.

  • Next year, be ready to pay by phone or in person!
  • This is a nonrefundable fee.

Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit

Posted: 4/29/13

Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.

Rogue River Ranch

Posted: 5/07/12

Drinking water NOT available until further notice.