Rogue River News & Updates
2014 Rogue River Users Meeting
- The annual Rogue River Users Meeting is scheduled for November 13, 2014, from 6-8 p.m. at the Grants Pass Interagency Office, 2164 NE Spalding Avenue, Grants Pass, Oregon.
- For more information visit the Rogue River Users Meeting page.
Fire Restriction Change
- OPEN FIRES PROHIBITED: including camp fires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires. However, portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed on naturally vegetation-free gravel bars and sand bars below the high-water mark.
- See current fire precautions page for more information about how this may affect your Wild Rogue Float.
Bear Camp Coastal Route is open
- For more information visit the Shuttle Routes page.
- Watch for signs and equipment.
Smullin Visitor Center Hours
- May 5–October 15 Visitor Center doors are open 7:00 am to 3:00 pm; phone hours are 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2014 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.
Rogue River Trail Update
Battle Bar Update
- Battle Bar toilet is OPEN.
Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River
New for 2014
The permit fee, $10 per person, will need to be paid at time of reservation when the permit is reserved less than three weeks before the launch date.
- Next year, be ready to pay by phone or in person!
- This is a nonrefundable fee.
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.
Rogue River Ranch
Drinking water NOT available until further notice.