Rogue River News & Updates
Rogue River Users Meeting
- The 2015 Rogue River Users Meeting is scheduled for November 12, 2015, from 6-8 p.m. See http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/rogueusersmeeting.php for the meeting invitation and agenda.
Fire Season has ended and campfires are now allowed
- Fire danger level is now "low" (green).
- Between the Applegate River and Foster Bar open fires are allowed in a fire pan or fire blanket.
- For full details please see the Fire Precautions page.
Self-issuing, Wild Rogue off-season permits are now available (Oct 16 - May 14).
Permit forms can be found:
- Online at: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/files/off-season_permit.pdf
- At the Smullin Visitor Center at Rand (drop box at front door)
- Grave Creek Bridge (drop box at north end of bridge)
Remember to use "Leave No Trace" techniques. Fire pans and portable toilets are required for all boaters. All unburned fire residue must be hauled out and not left behind.
Rogue River Ranch and Smullin Visitor Center at Rand
- Drinking water NOT available until further notice.
Bathroom Closure - Whiskey Creek
- The toilet at Whiskey Creek campsite is closed until further notice.
New Videos for 2015—Wild Rogue River Commercial and Noncommercial Permit Guidelines
All Wild Section Rogue River boaters are asked to review one of the 2015 Wild Rogue River Permit Guideline Videos before going on their Wild Section Rogue River float trip. This includes Commercial and Noncommercial boaters.
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
- Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online or at ODFW License Agents and ODFW Offices.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a Confirmation Letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader. This letter includes important information regarding the permit and floating on the river. You can view the individual documents on the Rogue River Permits page. They have been revised and updated for the 2015 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.