Rogue River News & Updates
2014 Rogue River Users Meeting
- The annual Rogue River Users Meeting is scheduled for November 13, 2014, from 6-8 p.m. at the Grants Pass Interagency Office, 2164 NE Spalding Avenue, Grants Pass, Oregon.
- For more information visit the Rogue River Users Meeting page.
- 2014 Wild Rogue River Use Report
Rogue River Ranch and Smullin Visitor Center at Rand
- Drinking water NOT available until further notice.
2014 Wild Rogue Regulated Use Season Ends
Self-issuing, Wild Rogue off-season permits are now available (Oct 16 - May 14).
Permit forms can be found:
- Online at: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/files/off-season_permit.pdf
- At the Smullin Visitor Center at Rand (drop box at front door)
- Grave Creek Bridge (drop box at north end of bridge)
Remember to use "Leave No Trace" techniques. Fire pans and portable toliets are required for all boaters. All unburned fire residue must be hauled out and not left behind.
Fire Season End
- Camp Fires are allowed within 400' of the rivers edge and must be contained in a fire pan.
- All ashes, charcoal and unburned material must be hauled out of the river corridor.
- See current fire precautions.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2014 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.
Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
- Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.