Rogue River News & Updates
Fire Restriction Change
- Starting July 18th, NO OPEN FIRES ALLOWED. Only gas or propane stoves are allowed for cooking.
- See current fire precautions page for more information about how this may affect your Wild Rogue Float.
Foster Bar SCAT Machine and Facilities
Foster Bar and Brushy Bar currently do not have Hosts:
- Foster Bar SCAT Machine is open but may become inoperable without a host to repair it should it get clogged. See attached flyer (PDF) for additional details. Please use extra caution when using the SCAT Machine so it remains available for use.
- Foster Bar Campground is closed; the restrooms and Scat Machine are open. Anyone interested in being a Caretaker this summer at Foster Bar contact Tom Hawkins at 541-247-3600 or email email@example.com.
Galice Access Road is now open
- For more information visit the Shuttle Routes page.
- Watch for signs and equipment.
Smullin Visitor Center Hours
- April 8–May 4: phone messages will be monitored; calls will be answered within a few days.
- May 5–October 15 Visitor Center doors will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and phone hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2014 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.
Rogue River Trail Update
Battle Bar Update
- Battle Bar toilet is OPEN.
Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River
New for 2014
The permit fee, $10 per person, will need to be paid at time of reservation when the permit is reserved less than three weeks before the launch date.
- Next year, be ready to pay by phone or in person!
- This is a nonrefundable fee.
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.
Rogue River Ranch
Drinking water NOT available until further notice.