Rogue River News & Updates
Rogue River Fire Regulations Update
- Campfires, including cooking fires and warming fires, are prohibited.
- Use of stoves for warmth or ambiance is prohibited.
- Regulations limit you to gas and propane stoves ONLY. Charcoal is not allowed.
- Cooking and smoking are allowed on sand and gravel bars between the river and the high water mark, in areas naturally free of flammable vegetation.
- Smoking is allowed on the water.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Each group must carry a shovel and a bucket (1-gallon minimum).
- For more details, see the Fire Precautions web page.
Rogue River Ranch Renovation
- During construction the museum will be inaccessible: the main house complex will be fenced to ensure the safety of visitors during all construction activities. The project is expected to be completed by the end of October 2016.
Rogue River (Wild Section) Pit Toilet Update
- Current Toilets CLOSED:
- Whisky Creek
- Jenny Creek
- Battle Bar
- Hewitt Creek
- Lower Tacoma
- Upper Solitude
Government (pit) toilets were slated for removal from the Rogue River corridor per the Federal Register in 1978, with knowledge of limited capacity for new pits. When a current toilet meets capacity, the pit will be filled and structure dismantled, restoring the resource to natural character.
Wild Rogue River Commercial and Noncommercial Permit Guidelines
All Wild Section Rogue River boaters are asked to review one of the Wild Rogue River Permit Guideline Videos before going on their Wild Section Rogue River float trip. This includes Commercial and Noncommercial boaters.
Rogue River Ranch and Smullin Visitor Center at Rand
- Drinking water NOT available until further notice.
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
- Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online or at ODFW License Agents and ODFW Offices.
The Bear Camp Coastal Route is now OPEN!
- Check out the following page for more information on Shuttle Routes: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/shuttle-routes.php
Rogue River Trail Conditions Update
- The Rogue River Trail is passable
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a 2016 Winner Letter with enclosures (PDF) has been sent to the party leader. This letter includes important information regarding the permit and floating on the river. You can view the individual documents on the Rogue River Permits page. They have been revised and updated for the 2016 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.