Rogue River News & Updates
Bear Camp Shuttle Route Open
See Shuttle Routes webpage for current status.
Float Space Openings Web Page
The Rogue River float space openings web page will not be updated from Friday, May 17th through Monday, May 20th due to server updating. To check float space openings during that time, please call 541-479-3735 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
New for 2014
The permit fee, $10 per person, will need to be paid at time of reservation when the permit is reserved less than three weeks before the launch date.
- Next year, be ready to pay by phone or in person!
- This is a nonrefundable fee.
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.
Rogue River Cleanup Day - 2013
Josephine County Parks and the Clean Forest Project will be hosting the 21st annual Rogue River Cleanup event this year on Saturday, May 18. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. at Hog Creek Boat Ramp. BBQ, live band, and prize drawing at 1:00 p.m. at Indian Mary Park. For more information, contact the Josephine County Parks at 541-474-5285, ext. 0.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a look out for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2013 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th - October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm - seven days a week.
Rogue River Users Meeting
- The next Rogue River Users Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 14, 2013, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Grants Pass Interagency Office, 2164 NE Spalding Avenue, Grants Pass, Oregon.
- To view minutes of previous meetings visit the Rogue River Users Meeting page.
Spring Trail Conditions
As of March 13, 2013 the Rogue River Trail is known to be passable from Grave Creek to Mule Creek. However, still be aware of slides and fallen trees. For information about trail conditions between Mule Creek and Big Bend call the USFS Gold Beach Ranger District at 541-247-3600.
Rogue River Ranch
Drinking water NOT available until further notice.