Rogue River News & Updates
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a Confirmation Letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader. This letter includes important information regarding the permit and floating on the river. You can view the individual documents on the Rogue River Permits page. They have been revised and updated for the 2015 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.
Good News! Foster Bar facilities are OPEN
- The Forest Service has a volunteer host at Foster Bar and all facilities, including the SCAT machine, toilets, and campground, are open.
Rogue River Ranch and Smullin Visitor Center at Rand
- Drinking water NOT available until further notice.
Self-issuing, Wild Rogue off-season permits are now available (Oct 16 - May 14).
Permit forms can be found:
- Online at: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/files/off-season_permit.pdf
- At the Smullin Visitor Center at Rand (drop box at front door)
- Grave Creek Bridge (drop box at north end of bridge)
Remember to use "Leave No Trace" techniques. Fire pans and portable toilets are required for all boaters. All unburned fire residue must be hauled out and not left behind.
- See current fire precautions.
- Camp Fires are allowed within 400' of the rivers edge and must be contained in a fire pan.
- All ashes, charcoal and unburned material must be hauled out of the river corridor.
Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
- Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online or at ODFW License Agents and ODFW Offices.