Rogue River News & Updates
Rogue River Ranch and Smullin Visitor Center at Rand
- Drinking water NOT available until further notice.
Fire Season End
- Camp Fires are allowed within 400' of the rivers edge and must be contained in a fire pan.
- All ashes, charcoal and unburned material must be hauled out of the river corridor.
- See current fire precautions.
2014 Rogue River Users Meeting
- The annual Rogue River Users Meeting is scheduled for November 13, 2014, from 6-8 p.m. at the Grants Pass Interagency Office, 2164 NE Spalding Avenue, Grants Pass, Oregon.
- For more information visit the Rogue River Users Meeting page.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a lookout for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2014 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th–October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, seven days a week.
Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.