Rogue River News & Updates
2014 Float Space Lottery winners are in!
- 2014 Float Space Lottery winners (PDF)
- For additional information visit the Float Space Lottery page.
How to Get a Wild Rogue Noncommercial Float Permit
- Visit the How to get a Permit page for additional options to get a float permit after the lottery process and keep a look out for cancellations on the Float Space Openings page.
- If you were successful in the lottery a confirmation letter (PDF) has been sent to the party leader and includes information regarding check-in procedures, Conditions of Use (PDF), and other important reminders. These two PDF documents have been revised and updated for the 2014 season.
- Smullin Visitor Center Phone Access Hours: May 5th - October 15th, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm - seven days a week.
Scat Machine, Toilets, and Foster Bar Campground are closed at Foster Bar
- The Scat Machine, Toilets, and Foster Bar Campground are currently closed at the Foster Bar take out. These facilities will reopen around the first week in April, when new campground hosts are expected to move in.
Galice Access Road is now closed
- For more information visit the Shuttle Routes page.
Big Windy Wildfire Affects Rogue River
Fires are now allowed on the Rogue River. For more information go to http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/fire-precautions.php.
Battle Bar toilet is CLOSED. BLM will post notice when it re-opens. Until then, all float parties camping at Battle Bar must set up their portable toilet within 30 minutes of arriving at camp.
New for 2014
The permit fee, $10 per person, will need to be paid at time of reservation when the permit is reserved less than three weeks before the launch date.
- Next year, be ready to pay by phone or in person!
- This is a nonrefundable fee.
Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit
Oregon requires an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit for all manually powered boats ten feet or longer. Permits can be purchased online and at the same businesses that sell fishing licenses.
Rogue River Ranch
Drinking water NOT available until further notice.