Cabezon Creek WSA, NM
BLM>Recreation>National Recreation Programs>Recreation Fee/Permit Program >Special Events
Print Page

Access Pass
Access Pass Application

Access Pass
America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Access Pass –  Free

How to Obtain an Access Pass

The pass may be obtained two ways, either at a federal recreation site where entrance or standard amenity fees are charged or through the mail. To obtain a pass you must have identification to verify that you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, which could include:

·         A US State or Territory issued Drivers License, Identification or Birth Certificate

·         A US Passport or Passport Card

·         A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)


You must also have documentation that you have a permanent disability, which could include:

·         A statement signed by a licensed physician attesting that you have a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and stating the nature of the impairment;


·         A document issued by a Federal agency, such as the Veteran’s Administration, which attests that you have been medically determined to be eligible to receive Federal benefits as a result of blindness or permanent disability. Other acceptable Federal agency documents include proof of receipt of Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI);


·         A document issued by a State agency such as the vocational rehabilitation agency, which attests that you have been medically determined to be eligible to receive vocational rehabilitation agency benefits or services as a result of medically determined blindness or permanent disability. Showing a State motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.


Obtaining a Pass Through the Mail

To obtain an Access pass through the mail you must complete this application, provide a photocopy of proof of citizenship or residency, documentation of disability and pay the processing fee. The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is ten dollars ($10) for processing the application (the Pass is free).


Obtaining a Pass in Person

If you apply for an Access Pass at a Federal recreation site you do NOT need to fill out this application. When you arrive at the recreation site, the officer selling the pass will verify your documentation of disability and that you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident by checking your ID. You will then be issued the Pass. The Pass is free if obtained in person, there is no processing fee. Before making a trip to obtain a Pass, be sure to contact the site to ensure that they have passes available.


Replacement Passes

Lost or stolen Passes cannot be replaced at this time. If your pass has been lost or stolen you must obtain a new one. Worn or damaged Passes can be replaced free of charge at any recreation site where Passes are issued, or through the mail by returning the Pass with this application and paying the ten dollar ($10) processing fee.