U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
EMS TRANSMISSION 10/06/2005
Information Bulletin No. 2006-002
To: All Field Officials
From: Group Manager, the Division of Cultural, Paleontological Resources and Tribal Consultation
Subject: Executive Order (EO) 13287, Preserve America Progress Report
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) recently submitted the progress report required by Section 3(c) of EO 13287, Preserve America, to the Assistant Secretary, Policy, Management, and Budget. This was in accordance with the Assistant Secretary’s Memorandum to Senior Policy Officials dated June 11, 2005, requesting that Preserve America reports be sent through her office for transmission to the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (Council). The report was due to the Council no later than September 30, 2005.
Among other things, BLM’s Preserve America progress report:
· Updates BLM’s Cultural Resource Management Program Statistics;
· Discusses approval of BLM’s comprehensive 8100 manual series and supplementary Handbook on Tribal Consultation;
· Describes the benefits to BLM and its partners of operating under the national Programmatic Agreement (PA) to streamline agency compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act;
· Elaborates on BLM’s heritage education initiatives;
· Gives details about the BLM’s Cultural Resources Data Sharing project with western State Historic Preservation Offices;
· Describes BLM’s Museum Partnership Program;
· Highlights outstanding BLM heritage tourism partnership projects;
· Describes BLM’s “Adventures in the Past” website created to commemorate the upcoming centennial of the 1906 Antiquities Act.
Each State Office will be receiving two copies of the final progress report under separate cover, one for retention by the State’s Deputy Preservation Officer, and the second for forwarding to the State Historic Preservation Officer. The report can also be accessed on BLM’s Cultural Heritage Program website (www.blm.gov/heritage).
If you have specific questions concerning BLM’s section 3(c) report, please direct them to either Richard A. Brook at
(202) 452-0326 or Richard_Brook@blm.gov , or to Robin Burgess at (202) 785-6581 or Robin_Burgess@blm.gov .
|Last updated: 10-21-2009|
|USA.GOV | No Fear Act | DOI | Disclaimer | About BLM | Notices | Social Media Policy|