Vermillion Cliffs--Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
Calf Creek Falls Cedar Mesa Ruin Cleveland Lloyd Gallery Simpson Springs Pony Express Station Cedar Mesa
BLM>Utah>St. George>Recreation>Interagency Pass>Volunteer Pass
Print Page
Interagency Pass

Interagency Volunteer Pass

Costs: Free

Eligibility: Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who individually accrues 250 volunteer hours.

  • Honored nationwide at all Bureau of Land Management, Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
  • Valid for pass holder's lifetime.
  • Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
  • At per-person fee areas, admits pass holder and up to 3 persons. Persons 15 and younger are admitted free of charge.


  • At staffed sites, show your pass to the booth attendant.
  •    At unstaffed sites, use hangtag to display pass from rear-view mirror.
  • At per-person sites, present pass upon request.

Other Important Details:

  • The pass is not valid for use until volunteer signs the pass.
  • The pass is available through agency volunteer program coordinators. Work with your local BLM volunteer coordinator to ensure your volunteer hours are tracked and recorded.
  • There is no specific time frame in which the volunteer hours must be accrued. If a person is awarded a pass for volunteering 250 or more hours, their volunteer time goes back to zero in terms of counting the next 250 hours. Only one pass may be issued per year to an individual.
  • Volunteer hours may be accrued for any agency-sponsored volunteer activity. Individual volunteers may also accumulate hours while working with a group.
  • Interagency Volunteer Passes are non-transferable and non-replaceable if lost or stolen.
  • The Interagency Volunteer Pass belongs to the signer only and s/he must be present for the pass to be used. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.
  • One decal for open topped vehicles may be issued free with an Interagency Volunteer Pass. Decals can only be used for motorcycles or open-topped vehicles at unstaffed sites and are only valid with an Interagency Volunteer Pass.
  • Interagency Annual Passes do NOT cover expanded amenity fees or special recreation permits.

Example of Volunteer Pass






Example of Hangtag for Volunteer Pass