Motorized Travel in Desolation Canyon


Motor boat registration is required in all fifty states.  Motors may only be used on Desolation/Gray canyons if the motor boat is registered in the state the owner resides in.  Proof of current registration must be presented at the time of launch.  Motors without current registration cannot be taken down the river.  There are no facilities to store motors at Sand Wash, so boaters with unregistered motor boats must store their motors in their personal vehicles or arrange for them to be shuttled to the takeout.  Motorized use in Desolation/Gray canyons is limited to downstream travel only at a slow, wakeless speed.