|Land Use Plan:|| Monticello Resource Management Plan|
|Date:|| November 2008|
- Off-highway vehicle (OHV) and mechanized travel limited to designated routes.
- No surface disturbance for vegetation, watershed, or wildlife treatments/improvements.
- No surface occupancy for oil and gas.
- Open to geophysical exploration as long as it is consistent with the objectives of the ACEC.
- Grazing restricted to trailing only.
- With the exception of side canyons, hiking limited to designated trails.
- Open to mineral entry with an approved plan of operations to avoid impacts to cultural and paleontological resources.
- Closed to disposal of mineral materials.
- Campfires not allowed.
- Unavailable for private or commercial use of woodland products including on-site collection of dead wood for campfires.
- Recreation use may be limited if cultural and paleontological resources are impacted.
- Managed as Visural Resource Management (VRM) Class II. VRM Class II areas are where changes in any of the basic elements (form, line, color, texture) caused by a surface-disturbing activity should not be evident in the characteristic landscape. Contrasts must not attract attention.
- Closed to camping.
- Rights-of-way avoidance area.
- A Cultural Resource Management Plan consistent with the goals and objectives of the Resource Management Plan (RMP) will be written for Shay Canyon ACEC and will not require a plan amendment to the RMP.