Lands and Realty

Lands and Realty

The Fillmore Field Office (FFO) provides and manages information related to land ownership status, access and land records. Additionally, they process a variety of realty actions including:

Rights-of-way grants - are authorizations issued for a variety of compatible uses of public land. Examples include roads, pipelines, communication sites, power lines, and telephone cables. It is recommended the applicant contact the local field office and present a description of the project and the purpose for the request. Find out more about rights-of-way application procedures. Download Right-of-Way Application Form SF299-09b (PDF). More information is available here

Land Use Permits - are issued for up to 3 years for temporary use of the land usually involving minor projects.

Film Permits - are special permits to use public land for commercial film productions including movies, television documentaries, videos, sound tracks, and advertisements.

Land Sales – the Fillmore Field Office currently has no lands available for sale. The preferred method of land disposal is by land exchange where a public benefit is obtained.

Land Exchange - exchanges with willing private land owners must have a substantial public benefit such as public access or critical wildlife habitat to be seriously considered.  Anyone wishing to propose a land exchange must discuss their proposal with the lands staff before submitting a proposal in writing.  Due to the planning moratorium, FFO is prohibited from doing land exchanges unless it is a Legislative Exchange.

Trespass - is the unauthorized use of public land, and can result in financial penalties against persons found to be in trespass. Trespass activities include dumping of trash and debris, constructing/maintaining roads, farming/irrigation, and occupation without authorization. If you observe what you believe to be an unauthorized act or use, please contact the Fillmore Field Office to have the activity investigated.

Withdrawals - Occasionally BLM reserves or sets aside land from the operation of the public land laws, including location of mining claims, because development of the locatable mineral estate is not compatible with the purpose(s) for which the land is being used.  Other withdrawals have been established for the benefit of other Federal agencies such as the Bureau of Reclamation for its water projects and the Department of Defense for military bases.

Additional Lands Information




For More Information:

Fillmore Field Office
35 East 500 North
Fillmore, Utah 84631