

Label: "FOIA/703"

Created by:randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov

Total Messages in label:98 (9 conversations)

Created: 08-31-2017 at 11:14 AM

Conversation Contents

Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

"Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>

From: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
Sent: Fri Jun 09 2017 14:41:41 GMT-0600 (MDT)
 Cindy Osorto <cosorto@blm.gov>, Dorothy Morgan <dmorgan@blm.gov>, Angela West <awest@blm.gov>, Clayton Schmidt <cfschmidt@blm.gov>, Sheila Mallory <smallory@blm.gov>, "Boone, Whitney" <whitney_boone@nps.gov>, "Calhoun, John" <john_calhoun@nps.gov>, Charles Cuvelier <charles_cuvelier@nps.gov>, Julie Earnstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov>, "Shields, Claire" <claire_shields@nps.gov>, "Tansey, Thomas" <thomas_tansey@nps.gov>, Pete Leary <pete_leary@fws.gov>, Samantha Brooke <samantha_brooke@fws.gov>, John Klavitter <john_klavitter@fws.gov>, "Alliston, Ross" <ross_alliston@fws.gov>, Rob Campellone <rob_campellone@fws.gov>, Katherine Harrigan <katherine_harrigan@fws.gov>, Ester McCullough <emccullo@blm.gov>
To:
Subject: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in.

We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well.

I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

Julie Earnstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov>

From: Julie Earnstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov>
Sent: Fri Jun 09 2017 14:44:34 GMT-0600 (MDT)
To: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

Dear Randy, I'm at training at the Grand Canyon thus week and next, so cannot join a call st that time. Can I trouble you to record it? Best, Julie Sent from my iPhone > On Jun 9, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote: > > I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in. > > We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well. > > I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

"Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>

From: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
Sent: Fri Jun 09 2017 14:50:26 GMT-0600 (MDT)
To: Julie Ernstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

I'll check on recording - if not, I will certainly provide a report. The issue is that recording training sessions is a standard business practice for the company, and so is included in our contract, while recording meetings may not be covered.

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Julie Ernstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov> wrote:

Dear Randy,

I'm at training at the Grand Canyon thus week and next, so cannot join a call st that time.

Can I trouble you to record it?

Best,

Julie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote:

>

>

> I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in.

>

> We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well.

>

> I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

"Tansey, Thomas" <thomas_tansey@nps.gov>

From: "Tansey, Thomas" <thomas_tansey@nps.gov>
Sent: Fri Jun 09 2017 14:51:09 GMT-0600 (MDT)
To: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
CC: Whitney Boone <whitney_boone@nps.gov>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

Sounds good. I'll be available and I'm at MIB. TT

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote:

I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in.

We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well.

I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

--

Thomas A. Tansey
Park Planning and Special Studies Division
National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Mail Stop 4519
Washington, DC 20240
Phone: 202-513-7206
Cell: 703-795-5083
Email: Thomas_Tansey@nps.gov

Julie Earnstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov>

From: Julie Earnstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov>
Sent: Fri Jun 09 2017 15:15:12 GMT-0600 (MDT)
To: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

Dear Randy,

I understand entirely--perhaps just a written summary.

Best,

Julie

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2017, at 1:50 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote:

I'll check on recording - if not, I will certainly provide a report. The issue is that recording training sessions is a standard business practice for the company, and so is included in our contract, while recording meetings may not be covered.

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Julie Ernstein <julie_ernstein@nps.gov> wrote:

Dear Randy,

I'm at training at the Grand Canyon thus week and next, so cannot join a call st that time.

Can I trouble you to record it?

Best,

Julie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote:

>

>

> I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in.

>

> We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well.

>

> I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

"Klavitter, John" <john_klavitter@fws.gov>

From: "Klavitter, John" <john_klavitter@fws.gov>

Sent: Mon Jun 12 2017 08:29:44 GMT-0600 (MDT)

To: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>

Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

Hi Randy,

I am leading a call on Tues at 2 pm.

Best, John

John Klavitter, MS
US Fish & Wildlife Service
National Wildlife Refuge System, Headquarters
National Coordinator: Cooperative Recovery Initiative/Island Restoration/Invasives
5275 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041
703-358-2063

john_klavitter@fws.gov

... ><((((*> ... ><((((*> ... ><((((*> ... ><((((*> ... ><((((*>

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote:

I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in.

We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well.

I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

Katherine Harrigan <katherine_harrigan@fws.gov>

From: Katherine Harrigan <katherine_harrigan@fws.gov>
Sent: Wed Jun 14 2017 10:53:35 GMT-0600 (MDT)
To: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

Hi Randy, I'm on travel for training in Montana, and I can't make the call today. Please keep me updated on next steps. Thanks, Kate Sent from my iPhone > On Jun 9, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote: > > I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in. > > We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well. > > I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.

"Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>

From: "Bowman, Randal" <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov>
Sent: Wed Jun 14 2017 10:54:38 GMT-0600 (MDT)
To: Katherine Harrigan <katherine_harrigan@fws.gov>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss coding of comments for rest of the monuments

Thank you for letting me know. I will send notes afterwards

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Katherine Harrigan <katherine_harrigan@fws.gov> wrote:

Hi Randy,
I'm on travel for training in Montana, and I can't make the call today. Please keep me updated on next steps.
Thanks,
Kate

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Bowman, Randal <randal_bowman@ios.doi.gov> wrote:
>
>
> I'd like to have this next Wednesday the 14th, starting at 2 pm. Dr. Shulman is available then, and we can use the Go-to-meeting format that we used for the training, to display suggestions and perhaps sort some comments to see how suggestions work as actual coding. For those who can come to Main Interior, it will be in the Deputy Secretary's conference room, 6122, and the go-to-meeting app can be used for those needing to call in.
>
> We will have some folks from NOAA there as well, to discuss what they would like us to look for on the marine monuments, and everyone will have a chance to respond on that as well.
>
> I will send a calendar invitation shortly, and a response to the comments and suggestions already provided on Monday.