Center Content: 


The BLM issues Cultural Resource Use Permits (CRUPs) to individuals or organization that would like to perform research, studies, or fieldwork on BLM-managed public lands.

Permits are issued to individuals and organizations that have the appropriate education, experience, and capability to perform professionally acceptable cultural resources studies. By issuing a permit, the BLM can ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policies.

When specific projects are proposed, applicants who already possess a CRUP must also obtain a Fieldwork Authorization (FA) from the BLM Field Office where the fieldwork will take place.