Kettle River Stage Road
The Marcus-Grand Prairie Stage Road which was is use as early as 1873, was known locally as the Kettle River Stage Road by 1904. Running along the banks of the Kettle River, the road was used during a defining period in Stevens County history which marked the emergence of the mining industry and early euro-American settlement.
The Kettle River Road served as a main travel route from towns such as Marcus, and was used heavily for freighting around the turn of the century. Today this section of the Marcus-Grand Prairie Stage Road/Kettle River Road, which crosses Bureau of Land Management property, is still used as an access road by local inhabitants of the area.