Blue-Gray taildropper, Prophysaon coeruleum. Photo by Tom Kogut.
The main purpose of these handbooks is to help facilitate the survey, collection, and handling of potential ROD-listed fungal species by the Forest Service and BLM employees. Each species is represented by a condensed description, a set of distinguishing features, and information on substrate, habitat, and seasonality. These guides also often present a list of known sites within the range of the northern spotted owl, a distribution map, and additional references to introduce the available literature on particular species. Some of the documents contain photographs of species, particularly fungi, which had never before been published in a field guide.
- Aquatic Mollusks - Field Guide to Survey and Manage Freshwater Mollusk Species, 1999 (PDF)
- Aquatic Mollusks - Errata Sheet for Field Guide to Survey and Manage Freshwater Mollusk Species, 1999 (PDF)
- Fungi - Handbook to Strategy 1 Fungal Species in the Northwest Forest Plan, Oct. 1999. PNW-GTR-476 (PDF)
- Fungi - Handbook to Additional Fungal Species of Special Concern in the Northwest Forest Plan, Jan 2003. PNW-GTR-572 (PDF)
- Terrestrial Mollusks - Field Guide to Survey and Manage Terrestrial Mollusk Species from the Northwest Forest Plan, 1999 (PDF)