Proposed RMP/Final EIS
This page presents for you the Proposed RMP/Final EIS. We are providing the Proposed RMP/Final EIS available for viewing or downloading as Adobe PDF files. We have provided these files both as complete files of each of the four printed volumes, and also by Chapter, section (Chapter 3), and by each appendix to allow for access in smaller file-sizes.
We have developed the Proposed RMP in consultation with cooperating agencies and Tribes and with consideration of the comments that we received on the Draft RMP/EIS. Thanks to all the members of the public, and government officials and agencies who submitted comments on the Draft RMP/EIS during the formal comment period from April 24, 2015–August 21, 2015. The BLM received approximately 4,500 comments from government officials, agencies, and members of the public—thank you for your submissions!
This Proposed RMP/Final EIS explains why we are proposing a plan revision, presents our Proposed RMP and a full spectrum of different management alternatives, and analyzes their environmental effects. Pursuant to the BLM's planning regulations, any person who participated in the planning process for this Proposed RMP, and has an interest which is or may be adversely affected by the planning decisions, may protest approval of the planning decisions within 30 days from the date the Environmental Protection Agency publishes the Notice of Availability in the Federal Register. Protests must comply with the requirements described in the BLM's planning regulations at 43 CFR 1610.5-2, as described here.
Oregonians are in need of a lasting solution that will provide predictable outcomes and sustainable management of the BLM-administered lands in western Oregon. With your help, we are building an RMP that will provide sustainable solutions for the public lands that we are privileged to manage.
- Volume 1 (PDF) (113 MB)
- Volume 2 (PDF) (65 MB)
- Volume 3 (PDF) (40 MB) contains Appendices A through N.
- Volume 4 (PDF) (47 MB) contains Appendices O through X.
Vol 1 Presents Chapters 1 and 2, and the first part of Chapter 3. Chapter 1 presents the purpose and need for this RMP revision and the guidance for the development of the action alternatives and Proposed RMP. Chapter 1 presents a discussion of the major authorizing laws and regulations that affect management of the BLM-administered lands in the planning area. Chapter 2 describes the No Action alternative, the action alternatives, and the Proposed RMP that are analyzed in detail. This chapter also discusses alternatives that the BLM considered but did not analyze in detail. Finally, this chapter presents a comparison of the alternatives and the Proposed RMP, including summaries of key features and key impacts of the alternatives and the Proposed RMP. Chapter 3 describes the environment that the RMPs are likely to affect and the environmental consequences of the alternatives and the Proposed RMP. Although many EISs present the affected environment and environmental consequences in separate chapters, the BLM has combined these two topics into this single chapter to provide all of the relevant information on a resource in a single discussion.
- Dear Reader Letter (PDF) (445 KB)
- Summary (PDF) (966 KB)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction (PDF) (6 MB)
- Chapter 2 - Alternatives and the Proposed RMP (PDF) (54 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC (PDF) (1.44 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Areas of Critical and Environmental Concern (PDF) (530 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Air Quality (PDF) (5.12 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Climate Change (PDF) (953 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Cultural and Paleontological Resources (PDF) (468 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Fire and Fuels (PDF) (13.61 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Fisheries (PDF) (568 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Forest Management (PDF) (1.17 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Hydrology (PDF) (3.96 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Invasive Species (PDF) (6.84 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Lands and Realty (PDF) (1.69 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Lands with Wilderness Characteristics (PDF) (4.4 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Livestock Grazing (PDF) (1.77 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Minerals (PDF) (2.71 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - National Trails System (PDF) (3.87 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Rare Plants and Fungi (PDF) (668 KB)
Volume 2 presents the second part of Chapter 3, Chapter 4, the Glossary, list of acronyms, and an index. Chapter 4 describes the public involvement and collaboration that occurred during the preparation of this Proposed RMP/Final EIS. That collaboration includes government-to-government relationships with tribes, formal cooperators in the planning process, and consultation with other agencies. This chapter also includes a list of staff involved in the RMPs for Western Oregon.
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Recreation and Visitors Services (PDF) (4.83 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Socioeconomics (PDF) (20.5 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Soil Resources (PDF) (697 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Sustainable Energy (PDF) (512 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Trails and Travel Management (PDF) (866 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Tribal Interests (PDF) (531 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Visual Resource Management (PDF) (722 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Wildlife (PDF) (35.7 MB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Wild Horses (PDF) (461 KB)
- Chapter 3 - AE&EC - Wild and Scenic Rivers (PDF) (632 KB)
- Chapter 4 - Consultation and Coordination (PDF) (499 KB)
- List of Acronyms, Glossary, and Index (PDF) (819 KB)
- Appendix A - Major Legal Authorities (PDF) (3.46 MB)
- Appendix B - Management Objectives and Direction (PDF) (1.13 MB)
- Appendix C - Vegetation Modeling (PDF) (1.94 MB)
- Appendix D - Modeling Large Stochastic Wildfires and Fire Severity within the Range of the Northern Spotted Owl (PDF) (1.88 MB)
- Appendix E - Air Quality (PDF) (328 KB)
- Appendix F - Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (PDF) (4.97 MB)
- Appendix G - Climate Change (PDF) (532 KB)
- Appendix H - Fire and Fuels (PDF) (1.3 MB)
- Appendix I - Fisheries (PDF) (23.5 MB)
- Appendix J - Best Management Practices (PDF) (830 KB)
- Appendix L - Livestock Grazing (PDF) (374 KB)
- Appendix M - Energy and Minerals (PDF) (452 KB)
- Appendix N - Rare Plants and Fungi (PDF) (1.87 MB)
- Appendix O - Recreation (PDF) (20.92 MB)
- Appendix P - Socioeconomics (PDF) (2.11 MB)
- Appendix Q - Public Motorized Access (PDF) (653 KB)
- Appendix R - Tribal (PDF) (10.12 MB)
- Appendix S - Other Wildlife (PDF) (2.5 MB)
- Appendix T - Northern Spotted Owl (PDF) (1.81 MB)
- Appendix U - Wild and Scenic River Suitability Report Summary (PDF) (9.63 MB)
- Appendix V - Monitoring Plan for the Proposed RMP (PDF) (687 KB)
- Appendix W - Responses to Comments (PDF) (1.8 MB)
- Appendix X - Guidance for Use of the Completed RMPs (PDF) (818 KB)
Recreation Management Area Frameworks
Recreation Management Area (RMA) frameworks have been developed for each proposed RMA in the proposed Environmental Impact Statement for western Oregon. These frameworks identify the key elements of proposed recreation areas so that the public can have a clear understanding of the targeted recreation activities, experiences, benefits, outcomes, allowable use activities and management actions associated with each area. RMA frameworks are broken out by Districts and can be accessed at the following links.