U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Web Access thru DOI VPN (Juniper Client) and a Verizon Aircard
- User turns on the laptop and logs into the network normally to create local login credentials before leaving the office. This step is critical to using the Juniper client away from the office.
- User must ensure sufficient signal strength at their location to access the Verizon Wireless Network using the Verizon aircard.
- User turns on the laptop.
- User invokes ALT-CTRL-DEL to begin the login process.
- User logs into the laptop with their cached credentials using their normal userID and password.
- User clicks on ‘OK’ to acknowledge using cached credentials.
- User plugs in the USB based Verizon Aircard.
- User starts the VZAccess Manager software and notes that there is sufficient signal strength (at least one bar) to use the aircard.
- User clicks on the Connect button.
- User reads then acknowledges the Warning pop up screen by clicking on the Continue button.
- User reads then acknowledges the Usage pop up screen by clicking on the Close button.
- User starts Internet Explorer and manually enters in https://access.doi.gov/blm
- The Bureau of Land Management Remote Access login screen will appear.
- User inserts their Department of the Interior identification badge into the card read slot of the laptop.
- User clicks on the “Connect” button for the “DOI Access Card” section of the screen.
- User enters in their PIN# associated with their DOI card.
- A "Please wait…" screen is displayed. After a few moments a Client Application Sessions section of the screen appears with a listing below it named Network Connect. Note: If this is the first time the laptop was used to connect to the BLM network using the Juniper method, the login process will be delayed about one minute while the Juniper software is upgraded.
- User minimizes the Client Application Sessions screen.
- User is now logged into the BLM network.