John Day Basin RMP Comment Form
The BLM Prineville District is seeking public comments on the Draft John Day Basin Resource Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement throughout the 90-day comment period that begins on October 31, 2008 and runs through January 29, 2009.
Your comments will be the most useful when they:
- Are specific regarding likes and dislikes;
- Explain what improvements can be made;
- Reference a section or page number;
- Include a rationale for suggested changes.
Useful comments often address one or more of the following:
- New information or data that would have a bearing on the analysis.
- Errors in the analysis, assumptions, methodology, or conclusions.
- Requests for clarification.
- Misinformation that could affect the outcome of the analysis.
- A new alternative that differs from those proposed in the draft.
- BLM will use comments that are specific and include rationale.
- BLM will NOT consider or respond to opinions that are not specific or don't include rationale.
- BLM will only respond to unique comments once.
- BLM will NOT respond to duplicate comments, form letters, or votes.
Examples of comments. (PDF)