Fire Alerts and Closures
When wildfires impact recreation areas, roads, trails and other areas used by the public, a closure may be issued to restrict public access to the area. These closures keep the public safe and improve firefighter safety by limiting the number of vehicles on roads in the fire area. These closures are temporary, and will be lifted when the area is safe for the public to re-enter.
- No fire closures to report at this time.
Public Use Restrictions
When temperatures increase and we're experiencing problems with wildfires, travel and campfire use may be restricted. Watch here for temporary restrictions or for our annual restrictions along our rivers.
- Fire restrictions on portions of the Lower Deschutes, White and Crooked Rivers and Lake Billy Chinook (June 1 - Oct 15) (PDF)
Industrial Fire Precaution Level
Road or Recreation Site Closures
Roads or recreation sites may be closed for construction, repair, or restoration. For road conditions throughout the state, you can also visit www.tripcheck.com.
- Mallory Creek Road (Grant County): The old road that follows Mallory Creek down through the canyon is open and will remain open until the seasonal wildlife closure that begins December 1st. The new route will not be constructed until spring or summer 2017. A bottomless arch culvert replaces the old ford along the North Fork Road.
- Partial closure of Rosland OHV play area during ODOT construction (PDF)
- South Junction Campground Railroad Crossing (PDF)
Wildlife or Plants
Sometimes human activities can harm our local wildlife and plants, and temporary or seasonal closures may be put in place. Look here for temporary or annual closures.
- No wildlife or plant closures at this time
- None at this time