Eugene Group Picnic Areas
The Eugene District BLM offers reservation only day use shelters in a park setting for group picnics, family reunions, weddings, etc. To check availability and to make reservations, please call the Eugene District office at 541-683-6600.
Shotgun Creek Shelters
There are two group shelters. Each is equipped with fireplace, lights, electric stoves, sinks with potable water, and picnic tables that will accommodate up to 112 people.
2015 Hours of Operation
- May 1 – June 12: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- June 13 – September 13: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- September 14 – October 31: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- 50 people or less: $85.00
- 51 – 150 people: $150.00
- 151 – 300 people: $300.00
- Both Shelters: $500.00
Clay Creek Shelters
There are two group shelters. Each is equipped with fireplace, charcoal grills, potable water, and picnic tables. Camping is also available in the adjacent Clay Creek campground on a first-come, first-served basis.
2015 Dates of Operation
- May 22 – September 8
- 50 people or less: $50.00
- 51 – 75 people: $75.00
- 76 – 100 people: $100.00
- If group is larger than 100, both shelters must be reserved.
Clay Creek Shelter Policies
- Camping is first-come, first-served. Shelter reservations do not automatically guarantee campsite reservations.
- Shelter reservations do not grant group exclusive rights to the parks facilities at large (horseshoe pits, bathrooms, etc.).
- Any hay brought to shelters must be certified weed-free, and in bale form. Hay must be removed within 12 hours of shelter rental. Written permission needs to be obtained from Resource Area Recreation Planner prior to event.
- Quiet hours are strictly enforced: 10 pm to 6 am.