USFS Fire Employment Opportunities
Note: For Seasonal Fire Employment, you MUST APPLY ONLINE (see directions below).
Temporary Seasonal Position: RANGE AID and/or TECHNICIAN (Firefighter) GS- 3/4/5
Opening: - Closing:
Creating an applicant profile using Avue Digital Services (ADS)
- Access ADS at https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/usfs/applicant.html and click on the Forest Service shield to login.
- Click on "New User." Enter all fields in the New User Registration window. Indicate where you heard about this site by clicking on one of the options.
- Click on "Create or Update My Profile." Complete all sections - personal information, applicant information, work history, eligibilities, references, education, background, additional information, and attachments. Click on "Save" at the bottom of each screen.
- Click on "Attach Resume and Supporting Documents" to attach supplemental documentation, such as college transcripts, a resume, or a DD-214.
- Return to the main menu by clicking on the icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Apply for Jobs Online
- From the main menu, click on "Apply for Jobs."
- Jobs you are eligible to apply for will appear on your screen. If you are interested in applying for more than one job listed, you may click on those you wish to apply for and add them to your shopping cart.
- Click on the title of the job you wish to apply for. The vacancy announcement will appear with a menu bar on the left side.
- Click on "Apply Now" to apply.
- Each field in red or marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed before you submit your application. You will see a series of statements designed to evaluate your education and experience in relation to the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position. Follow the onscreen instructions, which will indicate whether you are to select all statements that apply to you, or the one statement that best describes your education or experience. NOTE: For education, enter ONLY those hours that relate to the type and level of education described. For example, if graduate education is described, enter credit hours obtained in graduate courses.
- You may save any edits you have made, exit ADS, and return later to continue working on your application.
- To print a copy of your application, click on "This Application" under the View and Print menu.
- Click on "Send Application" to submit your application. You will be asked to certify that the information you are submitting is true. This is equivalent to signing a legal document. Once you have certified your application, click on "Save and Submit." Currently, you are not able to change your answers to the Basic Qualification questions once you certify and submit your application. (A future update to the ADS system may allow this.)
- Next you will be congratulated upon successful submission of your application. You may "Return to the Application" or "Return to Vacancies" to continue, or you may exit via the "Quit" button in the lower right corner.
You will receive an e-mail message from the USDA Forest Service letting you know that your application was received. This message will also tell you how to check on the selection process. To check on the status of a vacancy announcement you have applied to, applicants can access the "JOBS I HAVE APPLIED FOR" section in ADS at https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/usfs/applicant.html to find updated selection information.
Applicants who cannot apply online via ADS may request hard copy vacancy announcements and instructions from the USDA Forest Service toll free at (877) 813-3476, or fax (208) 373-4285, or TTY/TDD (866) 868-8354.