Instructions for Watching the BLM New Web Site Overview
A screen shot of the new design:
- To watch the BLM’s new web site overview, you must have Adobe/Macromedia’s Flash plug-in installed in your browser. To download the free plug-in, just visit http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW
- After you have performed step 1, and downloaded the compressed file (BLM_New_Web_Site_Overview.zip, Flash, 11.6 Mb) from our web site, extract all the files (and the folder name) using an utility of your choice (such as the compressed files feature of Windows XP or WINZIP or a WINZIP-like program). A transcript of this presentation is also available.
- All files must be extracted to a folder called “BLM New Web Site Overview” (without the quotation marks), or you may encounter error messages.
- In Windows Explorer (or other file management utility):
- Navigate to the new BLM New Web Site Overview folder;
- double-click (i.e. run) the BLM New Web Site Overview.html file;
- Internet Explorer (or other browsers) should load, and open the overview and start running it automatically;
- Make sure your computer speakers are on and the volume at an acceptable level.
- To control the playback, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will see a gray control bar. Use the controls on that bar to stop, pause, or restart the overview.
- The overview runs about 9 minutes, 30 seconds.