1114 (MT9120) P
EMAIL TRANSMISSION –11/3/11
Information Bulletin No. MT-2012-005
To: Montana/Dakotas Leadership
Attention: Volunteer Coordinators
From: Director, Office of Communications
Subject: FY 2011 Volunteer Annual Report DD: 11/30/2011
The WO has requested information for the FY2011 volunteer annual report. Please submit statistics, narratives and photos from your office to Ann Boucher in the Office of Communications by November 30, 2011.
A summary of the requested information follows:
- Spreadsheet showing the number of individual volunteers and the total number of volunteer/hosted worker hours, separated by program (attached). Volunteers are defined as people who work for the BLM without getting paid. They donate their time and, in some cases, equipment and money to assist the BLM. Hosted workers are paid by another organization but work for the BLM at no cost to the BLM.
Complete only the shaded sections; the spreadsheet will automatically calculate the totals. Please also include the number of youth volunteers and their hours for FY11.In the “funds expended” column, include only amounts provided to volunteers or hosted/donated workers as reimbursements for incidental expenses (such as meals, mileage, etc.), amounts spent for award/recognition items for the volunteer program, costs associated with volunteer ceremonies, and expenses incurred to purchase uniform items for volunteers. Do not include costs associated with volunteer projects, such as supplies or equipment.
- Another spreadsheet showing the number of volunteer hours in National Landscape Conservation System (NLCS) units (attached). Please note that hours spent on projects in NLCS units should be reported on BOTH spreadsheets.
- Narrative describing your top volunteer program accomplishment for the year, and/or any special volunteer events (including volunteer recognition events).
- A list of partner organizations that have contributed substantially to the success of your volunteer program by donating materials, equipment, or funds, as well as the time and talent of their members and/or employees. If the information is available, please also include monetary contributions provided by partners groups in a second column of the partner list.
- Hard copy or electronic photographs (at least 300 dpi) with captions and photo credits.
The information from each office will be compiled into one report and forwarded to the WO. It will also be used in the FY11 annual report for the Montana/Dakotas BLM.
Thank you for your assistance. Please call Ann Boucher at (406) 896-5011 if you have questions.
Melodie A. Lloyd Ann Boucher (MT912)