4100 (923) P
EMAIL TRANSMISSION – 10/27/2008
Information Bulletin No. MT-2009-004
To: Field Managers
From: State Director
Subject: Continued Use of BLM Forms 4130-1, 4130-1a, 4130-1b, 4130-3a, 4130-4
and 4130-5 Pending OMB Action on BLM Information Collection Request
The subject forms are used to collect information necessary to administer grazing on lands under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), exclusive of Alaska. They are:
Grazing Application – Preference Summary
Grazing Application (Supplemental Information)
Automated Grazing Application
Application for Exchange of Use Grazing Agreement
Actual Grazing Use Report
The Paperwork Reduction Act (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.) requires federal agencies to obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget before collecting information from the public. Each of the current editions of the above forms discloses the following information:
(1) “Form Approved OMB No. 1004-1041, Expires March 31, 2008;” and,
(2) “BLM does not have to respond to any federal agency-sponsored information collection unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.”
On March 20, 2008, the BLM submitted an Information Collection Request (ICR) 1004-1041 to the OMB for their review and approval (see 73 F.R. 16055). This action is requesting an extension of a currently approved collection. As of June 24, 2008, the OMB has not acted upon this request. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act, the BLM may continue to conduct this information collection while this ICR is pending approval at the OMB. Therefore, the above forms continue to have valid OMB control numbers despite the March 31, 2008, expiration date listed on the form.
Field offices are advised that:
- they may continue to use the subject forms,
- the information that has been collected on these forms after the displayed expiration date (i.e., from April 1, 2008, forward) has been and is being collected on forms that display valid OMB control numbers, and,
- the March 31, 2008, expiration date shown on the current edition of these forms may be ignored.
The BLM will issue new editions of these forms with the expiration date removed in the near future. Once the OMB acts upon our March 20, 2008, request, the BLM will again issue new editions of the forms that show a new information collection approval expiration date that will be provided by the OMB.
Questions should be directed to Floyd Thompson, State Range Program Lead, at (406) 896-5025.
Signed by: Gene R. Terland
Authenticated by: Melissa R. Dykes (MT923)
SOMT – 1
Assistant Field Manager, Havre Field Station – 1
Assistant Field Manager, Glasgow Field Station – 1