Print Page

<<Back to Dillon Recreation

Special Recreation Permits

Special Recreation Permits (SRPs) are required for any commercial use, competitive event, or organized group on public lands. Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks administer all SRPs on the Madison River and adjacent agency managed lands through a Cooperative Management Agreement, excluding the Bear Trap Canyon Wildernes. For more information call Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks at 406-994-4042.

  • Commercial Use is defined as any person, group, or organization that makes or attempts to make a profit, vend a service or product, receive money, amortize equipment, or obtain goods or services as compensation from participants in activities.
  • Competitive Events are defined as any organized, sanctioned, or structured use, event or activity on public lands in which two or more contestants compete. Examples of competitive events include: off-highway vehicle races, horse endurance rides, mountain bike races, rodeos, poker runs, and orienteering. 
  • Organized Groups are defined as 15 or more people organized as a group. Some examples of organized groups include: wedding parties, family reunions, and political party gatherings. For permit questions, please contact the Dillon Field Office at 406-683-8000, or the Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks at 406-994-4042

Access SRP application here.

Last updated: 06-28-2012