Special Recreation Permits

Special Recreation Permits (SRPs) are required for a variety of recreation activities on public lands.  They are used to ensure public health and safety, protect recreation and natural resources, and to ensure that the public receives a fair monetary return for certain uses on public lands.

Who needs a permit?

Application requirements for all SRPs in the Gunnison Field Office can be found on page 4 of the Special Recreation Permit Handbook.  Also included in the SRP Handbook are information about fees, insurance, stipulations, cost recovery, and much more.

SRP Handbook

Application Materials

Post Use Forms