BLM Utah Current Operating Status
Continuing our service to the public while doing our part to address COVID-19 is very important. BLM Utah will post the current operating status of visitor centers and facilities as they become available on this webpage. Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health authorities, the BLM is temporarily restricting in-person public access to some visitor centers and public rooms in Utah. Please check with individual offices regarding customer services available by phone or email.
- In areas of substantial or high community transmission, agencies must require all Federal employees, onsite contractors, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask inside of Federal buildings. As of July 27, that includes the Washington, DC area. Managers and employees should utilize the CDC COVID Data Tracker website to determine whether they are located in an area of substantial or high community transmission.
- Federal employees, onsite contractors, and visitors who are not fully vaccinated also need to continue to physically distance consistent with CDC guidance.
Visitors may continue to enjoy BLM managed public lands. Please note that fees for overnight camping, cabin rentals, group day use, and use of special areas, remain in effect. Visitors are encouraged to practice outdoor ethics and pack out trash as trash pick-up may be limited due to limited staff availability in some areas.
*** Please note that the BLM will be responsive to changing circumstances, and this information may change at any time. We will do our best to update this information on weekdays, Mondays through Fridays, but recommend that you also contact local offices.***
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- BLM Coronavirus Response Information
- State-wide and local orders
- State-wide recreation information
- BLM News Release: Plan for visitation increases over Easter weekend
Contact information for BLM Utah Offices around the state can be found below or at www.blm.gov/office/utah-state-office.
The BLM Utah State Office is open for public access during business hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The BLM Offices in the Canyon Country District are open for public access during business hours.
The BLM Offices in the Color Country District are open for public access during business hours.
The BLM Offices in the Green River District are open for public access during business hours.
Prior to visiting, refer to the Garfield County website for details and any changes. For all questions regarding the county emergency order contact Garfield County. For all questions regarding the Southwest Utah Public Health Department Public Health Directive contact the public health department.
- Escalante Visitor Center: 435-826-5499
- Cannonville Visitor Center: 435-826-5640
- Kanab Visitor Center: 435-644-1300
- Big Water Visitor Center: 435-675-3200
Prior to visiting, refer to the Kane County website for details and any changes. For all questions regarding the county ordinance and order contact Kane County.
- Kanab Visitor Center - Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., five days a week (closed Sunday and Monday).
- Big Water Visitor Center - Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., five days a week (closed Tuesday and Wednesday).
- Cannonville Visitor Center - Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., five days a week (closed Monday and Tuesday).
- Escalante Interagency Visitor Center - Summer hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., six days a week (closed Wednesday).
- Paria Contact Station - Summer hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., seven days a week.
Paria Canyon Overnight Permits - Paria Canyon Overnight permits are available for pick up at the Paria Contact Station or the BLM Arizona Strip Interagency Visitor Center. If you have questions or need to change location, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling to confirm will speed up your permit pick-up.
- For Paria Contact Station pick-up, call 435-644-1300, 7 days/week from 8:00am - 4:30 pm.
- For BLM Arizona Strip Interagency Visitor Center pick-up, call 435-688-3200, Monday - Friday from 7:45 am to 5:00 pm.
- As a reminder, your trip must begin only on the reserved entry date; overnight trips that begin on a day other than the permit entry date are considered invalid, even if you begin on a day that would have been covered by the permit dates. Permits must be picked up in person.
The Fillmore Field Office is open for public access; however, we encourage phone and email inquiries.
The West Desert District and Salt Lake Field Office has moved office locations. You will find us at 491 North John Glenn Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84116. Our phone number has changed; you can reach our front desk at 801-320-8300.