BLM Wyoming COVID-19 Updates
Continuing our service to the public while doing our part to address COVID-19 is very important. Following guidance from the CDC, BLM Wyoming offices are open to the public with current COVID mitigation guidance from the CDC in place.
CDC guidance indicates that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations. Unvaccinated people must wear a mask indoors in BLM buildings at all times and outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained. As CDC guidance changes, our policy will adapt. Visitors have always been encouraged to review CDC guidance when making their plans to recreate responsibly on public lands.
Recreate Responsibly, Recreate Safely Tips
- Stay home if you don’t feel well or have recently been sick.
- Follow guidance from local and state authorities, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Avoid heavily used or crowded trails, parking areas, and sites and seek dispersed recreation opportunities in your local area. Have a backup plan to avoid crowded high-use areas. If you find an area to be crowded, turn around.
- Check with local offices for current conditions, including closures and changes in service, before visiting popular areas and visit blm.gov for operating status updates.
- Practice social distancing. Be considerate of others enjoying the outdoors by giving them as much space as possible in parking lots, at trailheads, and out on public lands.
- Help prevent human-caused wildfires. Completely extinguish campfires by using the “drown, stir and feel” method. Don’t park on dry grass and ensure tow chains aren't dragging and tow straps are secured. Observe fire danger restrictions on BLM lands designated as high-risk early in this fire season. Follow fireworks restrictions and target shooting requirements at all times.
- Avoid unnecessary risks while recreating to prevent overwhelming medical facilities.
- Bring supplies for sanitation with you and pack out your trash. Facilities, including bathrooms and visitor centers may not be open or available for in-person contact.