<< Back to Oil & Gas Leasing Reform
In Reply Refer To:
PHONE NO: 307-775-6176
FAX NO: 307-775-6203
| || |
March 4, 2011
I N F O R M A T I O N N O T I C E
On May 17, 2010, the Washington Office (WO) of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) issued Instruction Memorandum, WO IM No. 2010-117, Oil and Gas Leasing Reform—Land Use Planning and Parcel Reviews. This IM, the Wyoming (WY) Implementation Plan, the WY Master Leasing Plan (MLP) Implementation Plan, and the MLP submissions are available on the BLM Wyoming internet under the Leasing Reform heading at: http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/programs/energy/Oil_and_Gas/Leasing.html.
The WY Implementation Plan identifies the following changes:
- Wyoming will continue to have four sales a year with a rotating sale schedule by Districts
- Each Field Office will be included in two sales a year
- Number of parcels will vary based on the expression of interest (EOI) submissions
- The attached chart shows target dates for nominations, posting, protests and sales for 2011 and 2012
- The District/Field Office will prepare the appropriate National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) document (environmental assessments (EAs), Documentation of NEPA Adequacy (DNAs) or environmental impact statements (EISs))
- Document will be prepared by an interdisciplinary parcel review team
- Site visits will be conducted as required
- Various screens and reviews for sage-grouse, wilderness characteristics, wild lands, etc. will be performed
- Each parcel will be evaluated to determine if it meets the MLP criteria
- Coordination with the Wyoming Game and Fish and the surface management agencies as required
- The NEPA document will be made available for public review for 30 days
- Comments will be incorporated and posted when the sale notice is posted online
- The Competitive Oil and Gas Lease Sale Notice will be posted 90 days prior to the sale
- Protests are due in the State Office 60 calendar days prior to the sale
- Protest(s) and resolution(s) will be posted online
- Wyoming will attempt to resolve any protests prior to the parcels being offered for sale.
- The NEPA documents (EA, Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) and Decision Record (DR)) will be finalized and signed by the State Director after any protest(s) are resolved and prior to lease issuance. The signed documents will be posted on the internet.
Please address any questions you may have regarding the information in this notice to me at the letterhead address, or you may contact me by phone at (307) 775-6176.