April 11, 2008
Lesley A. Collins
Trails Center Prepares for Summer with Extended Hours and Special Events
The National Historic Trails Interpretive Center (NHTIC) will return to summer hours on April 27, 2008. Hours of operation will be Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Summer hours of operation will end on October 11, 2008.
Special events coming up include:
- June 24, 2008
- Annual National Pony Express Association re-ride heading west from St. Joseph, MO to Sacramento, CA with a stop at the NHTIC
- Aug. 9, 2008
- 6th Anniversary celebration with free admission, special presentations, music, and other activities
- Aug. 23, 2008
- National Historic Trails Center Foundation Fundraiser
- Sep. 20, 2008
- Equality State book festival
- Dec. 13, 2008
- Annual Holiday on the Homestead with free admission, music, and special presentations
The NHTIC is a public-private partnership between the Bureau of Land Management and the National Historic Trails Center Foundation. For more information contact the NHTIC at (307) 261-7700.