March 2, 2007
Contact: Carol-Anne Murray or Bob Ross
BLM to Host Open Houses for Lander RMP Revision
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Lander Field Office will host a series of open houses the week of March 19, 2007 to address concerns and provide resource information to the public regarding the Lander Resource Management Plan (RMP) revision.
The revised Lander RMP will provide future direction for managing approximately 2.5 million acres of public land surface 2.7 million acres of federal mineral estate land in Central Wyoming. The planning area includes most of Fremont County and smaller portions of Natrona, Sweetwater, Carbon, and Hot Springs Counties, Wyo.
Emerging issues and changing laws necessitate preparation of the Lander RMP. Some topics discussed in the Lander RMP revision include energy development, transportation access, recreation, wildlife habitat and management, and livestock grazing on public lands.
The open houses provide an opportunity for local interests and residents to participate and share their insights and comments. As BLM proceeds with the planning effort, additional opportunities for public participation will be provided.
The open houses will be held on the following dates:
- Riverton, Wyo.: March 19, 2007, 4-7 p.m., at the Riverton Branch Library in the Community Room;
- Shoshoni, Wyo.: March 20, 2007, 4-7 p.m., at the Shoshoni Senior Center;
- Jeffrey City, Wyo.: March 21, 2007, 1- 4:30 p.m., at the Jeffrey City Fire Hall;
- Dubois, Wyo.: March 22, 2007, 4-7 p.m., at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center; and
- Lander, Wyo.: March 23, 2007, 4-7 p.m., at the Fremont County Public Library in the Carnegie Room.
For more information, please contact Carol-Anne Murray or Bob Ross of the Lander Field Office at 307-332-8400.