<<< Gateway West Home Page
Gateway West Transmission Line Project
Final Environmental Impact StatementThe final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) has been released to the public for review, with publication of the Notice of Availability in the Federal Register on April 26, 2013. This began a 60-day comment period which closed June 28, 2013.
The FEIS comment letters received by the BLM during the public comment period are available to view on the public comment search page. You may search public comments by name, organization, key word, letter number or browse all submitted comments.
The release of the document also began a 30-day land use plan amendment protest period which was separate from the final EIS comment process. Protests on any of the proposed plan amendments had to be filed with the BLM Director in Washington DC by May 28, 2013. For more information on the protest process refer to the Dear Reader letter at the beginning of the final EIS.
News Release - 4/24/13
Federal Register Notice of Availability - 4/26/13
- Appendix A – Gateway West Transmission Line Project Maps - 10.7mb
- Appendix B – Proponents’ Plan of Development – 12mb
- Appendix C – Mitigation Plans – 5.8mb
- Appendix D – Large Format Data Tables – 1.7mb
- Appendix E – Large Format Figures – 55.5mb
- Appendix F – Proposed Land Use Plan Amendments - 2.8mb
- Appendix G – VRM Amendment Analysis - 28.5mb
- Appendix H – West-wide Energy Corridor Interagency Operating Procedures - 313kb
- Appendix I – Wildlife Stipulations - 113kb
- Appendix J – Sage-Grouse Impact Analysis - 1mb
- Appendix K – Agricultural Economic Impact Analysis, South Central and Southeastern Idaho – 183kb
- – Response to Comments on Draft EIS – 2.26mb
- Appendix M – Biological Assessment of Threatened and Endangered Wildlife, Fish, and Plant Species – 5.35mb
- Appendix N – Draft Programmatic Agreement – 589kb
- Appendix O – Maps of Alternatives Eliminated from Detailed Study – 9.1mb