2014 Industry/Government Conference The Bureau of Land Management's Rawlins Field Office was designated as a pilot office under the Energy Policy Act of 2005. As part of that designation, the office hosts an annual Industry Conference.
When: Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Where: Jeffrey Memorial Community Center, 315 West Pine Street, Rawlins, Wyoming
Lodging: Rawlins-Carbon County Chamber of Commerce
Questions: Kay Nation at 307-328-4212 or Nancy Baker at 307-328-4245
- A Practical Guide to Cultural Resource Clearance - Nathan Fleming, TRC
- Commingling - Andrew Kauppila, BLM
- Cumulative Energy Development - Blankenship Consulting and Sammons/Dutton LLC
- Energy Developments' Role in Meeting Rangeland Health Standards - Andy Warren, BLM
- Major Project Overview - John Russell, BLM
- Private Signs on Public Lands Instruction Memorandum
- Rockies Exploration - Chris Edwards, Anadarko
- Rural Higher Education at its Best! - Tera Larson, Carbon County Higher Education Center
- Soil Management and Restoration - Steven Paulsen, Conservation Seeding and Restoration
- Topsoil Recognition and Management Training for Contractors - Brenda Schladweiler, BKS Environmental Associates, Inc.
- Tribal Consultation - Patrick Walker, BLM
- Water Resources Data for the Continental Divide-Creston Project Area - Mike Evers
- Wyoming Landscape Conservation Initiative Industry Poster - Jim Wasseen, WLCI
Associated Meetings at the Rawlins Field Office
Monitoring without Borders: Tuesday, March 11, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Transportation Planning: Thursday, March 13, 8 a.m.-Noon. Open forum from 1-4 p.m.
Continental Divide/Wamsutter II
The Transportation meeting will focus on revitalizing the Continental Divide/Wamsutter II transportation plan and looking at how this will be extended into the Continental Divide-Creston project area. A presentation will be given highlighting the requirements, commitments and scheduling plan components. In addition, the BLM will present its annual plans for road construction and maintenance; discussion of these plans and others will be encouraged.