Right-of-Way Application Procedures
The Cody Field Office provides the following information to assist and advise you regarding the acquisition of rights-of-way (ROW) across public land. Refer to the site Obtaining a Right-of-Way on Public Lands for more information.
Processing & Monitoring Fees
Rent For Use of Public Land
- If the area has pre-existing impacts or little to no proposed new impacts to land or resources, expect 3 months.
- For projects proposing new disturbance, expect 4 to 6 months or more depending on size of the project and other workload needs.
- Contracting for NEPA compliance and collection of land or resource data may be required of the applicant on large or complex projects.
- The grant and applicable stipulations will be offered to applicant for review prior to issuance. Signature by applicant confirms agreement to the terms and conditions. A construction (performance) bond may be required.
- The grant is issued only for a specific use on public land as stated in the right-of-way.
- The grant will usually be issued for a 30 year term.
- The grant may be renewed.
- Grantee responsibilities continue after termination until facilities are removed or site reclamation is complete.
- Reclamation bonds may be required.
- Please indicate if the Field Manager's (grantor's) signature is to be notarized. This is required if the grant is to be recorded at the local county courthouse.
For Further Information