Recent Graduates Program
This new program targets individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs.
To be eligible, applicants must apply within 2 years of degree or certificate completion, except for veterans (as defined in 5 United States Code 2108) precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, which will have up to 6 years after degree or certificate completion. Successful applicants will be placed in a dynamic, 1 year training and career development appointment.
The features of this excepted service program appointment are as follows:
- Require candidates to meet the basic eligibility and minimum qualification requirements outlined in the OPM Qualification Standard for the relevant occupational series or career path.
- Intense 1 year on-the-job training and developmental program in the qualifying occupational series or career path.
- Must enter into a written agreement that outlines the Recent Graduate and agency expectations, roles and responsibilities.
- Create Individual Development Plan that outlines the . . .
- Position-specific training needed to ensure career development and preparation for conversion.
- 40 hours of formal interactive training during the 1year program appointment.
- Assign a mentor outside of the chain of command.
- Eligible for noncompetitive conversion into a permanent or term position upon successfully performing assigned duties and completing the agency career development and training program requirements.
For more information, visit: http://www.opm.gov/index.asp and http://www.usajobs.gov/StudentJobs.