Presidential Management Fellows Program
For more than three decades, the PMF Program has been the Federal Government's premier leadership development program for advanced degree candidates.
Executive Order 13562 expands the eligibility window for applicants, making it more "student friendly" by aligning it with academic calendars and allowing those who have received a qualifying advanced degree within the preceding 2 years to participate.
The features of this excepted service program appointment are as follows:
- Require candidates to meet the basic eligibility and minimum qualification requirements outlined in the OPM Qualification Standard for the relevant occupational series or career path.
- Intense 2 year on-the-job training and developmental leadership program in the qualifying occupational series or career path.
- Must enter into a written agreement that outlines the Fellows and agency expectations, roles and responsibilities.
- Create Individual Development Plan that outlines the . . .
- Position-specific training needed to ensure leadership development and preparation for conversion.
- Program-specific orientation(s) and training activities.
- 80 hours of formal interactive training per year of the program appointment.
- At least one rotational or detail assignment with management experiences/components.
- At least one developmental assignment of 4 to 6 months, or participate in an agency-wide, Presidential or Administrative initiative.
- Assign a mentor outside of the chain of command.
- Eligible for noncompetitive conversion into a permanent or term position upon successfully performing assigned duties and completing the agency career development and training program requirements.
Find more information about the program: http://www.opm.gov/index.asp, http://www.usajobs.gov/StudentJobs and http://www.pmf.gov/