17th Annual Utah Wild Horse & Burro Festival
Legacy Events Center, June 5-6, 2015
WELCOME and THANK YOU for your interest in the 17th Annual Utah Wild Horse and Burro Festival.
The Utah Wild Horse & Burro Festival Committee are looking for 10 youth, between the ages of 8 & 17, wanting to participate in the Youth & Mustang Event on June 5-6, 2015 in Farmington, UT.
Youth interested in participating must:
- Complete applications must be posted marked by March 7, 2015 (Only contestants with complete applications will be considered)
- Applications can be mailed to Janet Tipton, 4912 Hazel Circle, Erda, UT 84074 or emailed to: FlyingTAcres@gmail.com
- Horses will be picked up on March 27-28 from the following facilities: Delta, Salt Lake or Cedar City
- Each yearling must be adopted by the parent/guardian who is over the age of 18 yrs old and meets BLM adoption requirements
- Adoption fee is $25 and paid at the time of pick up
Each youth will be paid:
- $200 for feed/hauling expenses
- $100 for competing in the 3-min musical freestyle
- $100 for competing in showmanship
- $100 for competing in trail
- Adoption proceeds minus $25 adoption fee
Each trainer must be able to perform the following tasks with their yearling:
- Walk and Trot
- Stop and Back
- Lead Mustang over poles/logs
- Pick up feet
- Load and unload from stock trailer
For more information regarding the competition and/or requirements, please refer to the attached 2015 Youth Mustangs Rules.
Join us on FB @ Utah Wild Horse Burro Festival
For more information on the Mustang Heritage Foundation (MHF) or the Youth and Mustang Program (YAM) visit: http://www.mustangheritagefoundation.org/
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call Janet Tipton @ 801-554-4431 or Lisa Reid @ 435-743-3128.