The Stormont Mill
Due to its close proximity to the Virgin River, the Stormont Mill also processed the materials left over via channels, and can be seen while driving on the 900 N Road (also known as Babylon Road). It was established in the early 1870s, and at the time, was referred to as the Babylon Mill by the members of the Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints church, named after the neighboring settlement of Babylon. It is speculated that the settlement of about 20 to 25 non-LDS families chose the name Babylon to set themselves apart from the LDS members in the adjacent areas. The town, part of the Silver Reef Mining District, subsisted until at least 1887 when the nearby mine and mill closed down. The area is still designated as Babylon.