Old Woman Front ACEC
|Land Use Plan:||Richfield Resource Management Plan|
|Values:|| Relict vegetation|
- Manage the area for multiple use, while protecting the relict vegetation.
- Permit no human activities that directly or indirectly modify ecological processes.
- Allow no wildlife habitat manipulation.
- Prohibit the introduction or spread of exotic animal species.
- Allow wildland fire use within the parameters of an approved fire plan and only under a prescription designed to accomplish the objectives of the area.
- Suppress fires using minimal impact tools and techniques.
- Avoid the use of heavy equipment.
- Avoid post-fire rehabilitation; if needed, use seed of indigenous species, and locally adapted ecotypes.
- Allow no logging or harvest of woodland products, fuelwood gathering, or Christmas tree cutting.
- Unavailable for livestock grazing.
- Construct no range improvements.
Issue no special recreation permits.
- Close area to off highway vehicle use.
- Authorize no roads, new trails, fences, signs, buildings, or other physical improvements.
- Recommend withdrawing from mineral entry.
- Manage as open to oil and gas leasing with major constraints, such as no surface occupancy.