|Land Use Plan:|| Monticello Resource Management Plan|
|Date:|| November 2008|
|Values:|| Relict vegetation|
- Managed to provide a baseline for rangeland studies through research and experiments.
- Excluded from land treatments or other improvements, except for test plots and facilities necessary for study of the plant communities, and restoration/reclamation activities.
- Managed as no surface occupancy (NSO) for oil and gas leasing.
- Closed to disposal of mineral materials
- Available for locatable mineral entry with an approved plan of operations, subject to stipulations protecting vegetation on the mesa top.
- No campfires allowed.
- Managed to limit recreation use if vegetation communities are being adversely impacted.
- Geophysical exploration allowed if it does not adversely impact vegetation communities.
- Managed as VRM Class II. VRM Class II areas are where changes in any of the basic elements (form, line, color, texture) caused by a surface-disturbing activity should not be evident in the characteristic landscape.
- Helicopter access allowed for scientific study and heliportable equipment.
- Rights-of-way avoidance area.
- Retained in public ownership.
- Excluded from private or commercial use of woodland products, including limited on-site collection of dead wood for campfires.
- Unavailable for livestock grazing, including grazing by saddle stock and pack animals allowed for access.
- Excluded from wildlife habitat improvements.
- Excluded from watershed control structures.
- Appropriate management response to wildland fire in accordance with the Moab District Fire Plan.
- Closed to off-highway vehicle (OHV) use.
- Managed to limit recreation use if cultural resources or scenic values are being damaged.