U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
|Moab Daily Access Program|
How to apply:
Applications for use under this program must be received by the Moab Field Office by February 13, 2015.
The application materials may be sent by any of the following methods:
Once the application deadline is closed, there will be no additional applications accepted.
2. Operating plan (may submit your own document)
3. Supporting documents (certificates, guide licenses, company registration, etc.)
4. Program information (is adaptive equipment used, existing programs, etc.)
5. A certificate of liability insurance listing the United States Department of the Interior – Bureau of Land Management as additionally insured.
Access Program Specifics:
There are short duration, non-overlapping use permits (minimum of two days or maximum of one week, Monday to Sunday) beginning Monday March 2, 2015 and ending Saturday November 6, 2015. Applicants may request up to three, non-consecutive, one week periods as part of this program. The applicant should list their three requested periods in order of desired priority.
The Moab BLM is partnering with Utah State Parks, Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands and Utah Outfitters and Guide Organization to offer this unique opportunity.
Adaptive sports groups, educational non-profit or institutional entities that are awarded use through this Access Program are required to meet all State of Utah boating safety, insurance, ‘carrying passengers for hire’ (click on "Carrying Passengers for Hire/Outfitters") and resource protection laws. For more information contact:
In addition, those entities awarded launches are required to abide by the Moab BLM river stipulations. A post use report must be submitted to the Moab BLM within 30 days after the last trip is complete.
In an effort to support this program, the Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands has waived their $200 Right of Entry fee. All entities that are awarded use through this program must submit the following to:
1165 South Highway 191, Suite 6
2. $50.00 check to Forestry, Fire and State Lands for the non-refundable application fee (R652-41-700)
3. Proof of liability insurance for $1 million identifying Forestry, Fire and State Lands as co-insured
The BLM fee is $5.00 per person/per day.
No renewal rights or status in excess of the specified permit duration would be recognized under this Access Program for participating entities.