For minimal impact filming submit the following items to the appropriate office:
1. Signed land use application, form (do not fill out the permit section).
2. List and maps of desired filming locations and description of proposed activity at each site. (Consult BLM contact).
3. Detailed description of filming activity on form provided.
4. Cost recovery and rental fees (as discussed with the BLM film permit coordinator). Click here for information on film permit fees.
5. Certificate of Insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000, naming "BLM, Department of the Interior" as additional insured.
Depending on the location, time of production, and type of production, BLM may impose additional requirements, such as bonding, reimbursement for overtime costs, etc.
EMAILED APPLICATIONS: Applications via email are acceptable. Send email to email@example.com
FAXED APPLICATIONS: Faxed applications are acceptable. Our fax number is (435) 259-2158 or (435) 259-2106.
PAYMENT OF FEES: Fees may be paid by credit card (credit card payment form*) or checks payable to U.S.D.I. - BLM.
BONDING: Permittees may be required to provide cash bonds to assure reclamation of sets or sensitive locations.
LARGE PRODUCTIONS AND REQUESTS TO FILM OUTSIDE POPULAR LOCATIONS usually will require an on-site preapplication conference with BLM personnel. Although the permitting process may vary, the time to process will usually be at least 30 - 60 days. Contact the appropriate BLM office for details.
*These documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
FILING OFFICE INFORMATION
Moab Field Office
82 East Dogwood Avenue
Moab, Utah 84532
Jan Denney, Realty Specialist
Phone No. (435) 259-2122
FAX No. (435) 259-2106