Ten Mile Wash
|Land Use Plan:|
Moab Field Office Resource Management Plan
|Values:||To protect the relevant and important values of natural systems (riparian/wetlands), wildlife, cultural resources and natural hazards.|
- Prioritize Ten Mile for Class III cultural inventory.
- Prioritize Ten Mile as a scientific research area.
- Grazing will be allowed on a limited basis in Ten Mile Canyon downstream from Dripping Springs, with changes subject to future monitoring and conformance with Standards for Rangeland Health.
- Prioritize area for riparian restoration.
- Restrict camping and campfires to designated sites at Dripping Spring.
- Motorized and mechanized travel limited to designated routes.
- No competitive events.
- Establish speed limits.
- Reroute designated road around the wetlands south of the cattleguard near Dripping Springs.
- Restrict vehicle access at the Green River; designate a parking area at the Green River.
- Permits for motorized recreational use may be required if monitoring indicates long-term damage.
- Require permits for groups greater than 25 vehicles.
- Apply a no surface occupancy stipulation for oil and gas leasing and preclude other surface disturbing activities.
- No commercial or private collection of woodland products.