Mill Creek Canyon
|Land Use Plan:|
Moab Field Office Resource Management Plan
|Values:||To protect the relevant and important values of cultural resources, scenery, natural systems: (cold water fishery/riparian/watershed and wildlife).|
- Recreation activities will be managed according to the South Moab SRMA.
- Prioritize Mill Creek for Class III cultural inventory.
- Protect Native American traditional cultural places.
- Designate as VRM Class II.
- Livestock grazing will not be available.
- No vehicle-based camping.
- No campfires in riparian areas.
- Motorized competitive events will be prohibited.
- No new mechanized or motorized routes. Motorized and mechanized travel limited to designated routes.
- All recreational events will be confined to the designated roads in the ACEC.
- Limit recreation facility development to day-use only.
- Acquire state land within ACEC as the opportunity arises.
- Maintain 3 cfs in the South Fork of Mill Creek below the Sheley diversion.
- Apply a no surface occupancy stipulation for oil and gas leasing and preclude other surface disturbing activities (see Appendix A).
- No recreational mining will be allowed.
- No fuelwood harvesting permits will be issued.
- Private wood gathering for backpacking campfires will be allowed in the uplands only.