Cottonwood Canyon ACEC: Inside of Moquith Mountain WSA
|Land Use Plan:|| Kanab Resource Management Plan|
|Date:|| October 2008|
|Values:|| Scenic and cultural|
|Management Guidance:||Scenic: |
- Designate as Visual Resource Management (VRM) Class I. VRM Class I areas are where only natural ecological changes and very limited management activities are allowed.
- Limit off-highway vehicle use to designated routes.
- Recommend withdrawing from mineral entry.
- Monitor specific sites on a regular basis.
- Retain all lands in federal ownership.
- Work with the School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration to acquire state inholdings.
Hazard/Safety/Public Welfare: Close the Water Canyon Allotment to livestock grazing in order to protect the Fredonia City Culinary water supply.