Cottonwood Canyon ACEC: Outside Moquith Mountain WSA
|Land Use Plan:|| Kanab Resource Management Plan|
|Date:|| October 2008|
|Values:|| Scenic, cultural|
|Management Guidance:||Scenic: |
- Designate as Visual Resource Management (VRM) Class II. VRM Class II areas are areas where changes in any of the basic elements (form, line, color, texture) caused by a surface-disturbing activity should not be evident in the characteristic landscape.
- Limit off highway vehicle use to designated routes.
- Open to oil and gas leasing subject to major constraints, such as no surface occupancy.
- Recommend withdrawing from mineral entry.
- Close to mineral material disposals.
- Monitor specific sites on a regular basis.
- Retain all lands in federal ownership.
- Work with the School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA) to acquire state inholdings.
Hazard/Safety/Public Welfare: Close the Water Canyon Allotment (48 AUMs) to livestock grazing in order to protect the Fredonia City Culinary water supply for the life of the plan.