Trash & Fires
When you visit GSENM please help preserve the area by following these guidelines:
- Pack it in, pack it out. Inspect your campsite and rest areas for trash or spilled foods.
- Pack out all trash, leftover food, and litter.
- Pack out toilet paper and hygiene products.
- To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams or lakes and use small amounts of biodegradable soap. Scatter strained dishwater.
- Deposit solid human waste in catholes dug 6 to 8 inches deep at least 200 feet from water, camp, and trails. Cover and disguise the cathole when finished.