Registration for Spring 2016 ranger-led education programs at Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area will open September 9, 2015. Registration packet coming soon.
Why Reservations are Needed: The BLM manages Yaquina Head to preserve its natural, scenic, historic, educational, and recreational values for present and future generations. Our registration process is intended to spread out the visitor use of the park by limiting the number of visitors to the fragile and high use areas, and by maintaining low student to ranger ratios. In doing so, we encourage safe, positive experiences for students, as well as other visitors.
Reservation Information: Please plan your visit and book your reservation early. If you plan to visit the tide pool, try to schedule with us before booking other field trip locations on the same day. Whereas other sites have few time constraints, we cannot flex tide pool times. If you wish to visit either the interpretive center, or lighthouse, please check with the education coordinator in advance. The reservation packet will have more information about how to sign up.
Making a Reservation:
For Self-Guided Groups (Year-Round): Ranger Orientation Only
- Review resources under under Plan a Field Trip to better prepare for your visit.
- If needed, call the education coordinator at 541-574-3122 or email with any questions.
- Complete the Group Reservation Form (PDF) and send by email.
For Spring 2016 Ranger-Led & Teacher-Led Education Groups
- Review resources under Plan a Field Trip to better prepare for your visit.
- Updated Registration Packet and Spring Reservation Schedule will be posted no later than Monday, August 24th.
- If needed, call the education coordinator at 541-574-3122 and/or email with any questions.
- Registration for 2016 programs will start on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 8 am. Forms will only be accepted by email or fax.
Fees: All BLM education programs are presented free of charge to educational groups, but reservations are mandatory.
Late Arrival and Cancellation Policy: Please allow plenty of time for students to go to the bathroom, disembark from the bus, etc. in addition to planned activities. If you know you will be late, please call (541-574-3122 or 541-574-3100) to tell us your anticipated arrival time. Notify us know immediately if you need to cancel.
Confirmation: After your reservation is reviewed with a ranger and your program is confirmed, you will receive an email copy of our Teacher Packet (PDF) containing important details about your visit, what to expect, suggested activities, ways to best prepare your students, and our required teacher contract. Please read it over carefully. Hard copies are available upon request.