Warm Springs Reservoir
Burns District | OR
Season Dates: 1/1 - 12/31
Warm Springs Reservoir sits on the line between Harney and Malheur counties in Oregon. At an elevation of 3,406 feet, Warm Springs Reservoir is located 13 miles southwest of Juntura. Its inflow and outflow is the Malheur River. Built in 1918-1919 by the Vale Project, Warm Springs Reservoir was modified in 1930 and later in 1939. The primary geology of the area is a series of olivine basalt flows. The predominant wildlife of the area are waterfowl and mule deer. Bass, bluegills, white crappie, channel catfish, perch and hatchery rainbow trout are the main fish found in the reservoir. The site is open year-round, however weather conditions in winter and spring often make the access road impassable (snow, mud, etc.). Please call ahead for current road conditions.
From Burns, take State Highway 20 East for approximately 37 miles to the Warm Springs Access road. Turn right (South) on the Access Road and travel approximately 10 miles to Warm Springs Reservoir.