San Juan Islands News
The BLM is hosting gatherings to share and discuss our draft San Juan Islands National Monument Interim Management Policy. As a draft, the document is not complete without your input and feedback. We will integrate responses over the next month before the policy becomes our official basis for management decisions in July.
Public Meeting Locations and Times:
- Lopez Community Center, May 27, 6-9PM
- Grange in Friday Harbor, May 28, 6-9PM
- Eastsound Firehall on Orcas Island, May 29, 6-9PM
Some comments will be useful to inform this stage of management, while others may have a more long term view and will be retained as scoping comments for the Resource Management Planning process. All will become part of the public record and will assist us in the weights and measures of daily decisions for the resource and the community interest.
The Spokane District will post News Releases and other announcements to share news or let you know upcoming events and information about the San Juan Islands National Monument. Below are most recent news releases sorted by date. If you have questions regarding a specific News Release, contact information is at the top of each News Release. Please feel free to contact the Spokane District with questions or comments at 509-665-2100 or by email at: BLM_OR_WN_Mail@blm.gov.
News, Events, and Announcements
- Kids Nature Exploratorium (PDF)
- BLM Selects San Juan Islands National Monument Manager (PDF)
- Indian Island Tide Pool Event (PDF)
- Public Meetings on Orcas, San Juan, and Lopez Islands Connect Locals to Plans and Planning (PDF)
- BLM Public Meeting Questions—Compiled (PDF)
- National Public Lands Day (PDF)
- San Juan Islands National Monument's New Docent (PDF)
- San Juan Islands Among 5 New National Monuments (PDF)
- San Juan Islands National Monument Public Meetings (PDF)
- San Juan Islands Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)