Permits are required for the following activities:
- Off-trail hiking groups larger than 25.
- Dispersed camping groups larger than 25 in the north management zone and larger than 12 in the south management zone.
- Hang gliding and para-sailing/gliding.
- Collection of any monument features (rocks, minerals, plants, etc.). However, the collection of fruits, nuts, berries or mushrooms for non-commercial personal use (limited to 1 gallon/person/day) and collection of dead and down wood for immediate use in designated campfire areas does not require a permit.
- Motorized vehicle access on routes that are otherwise closed to the public.
When in doubt, give us a call!
Fees are required at the following areas:
Outdoor Recreation Planner
Assistant Monument Manager