Stock use is allowed throughout the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument. Horse/stock camping facilities are available at Hyatt Lake Recreation Area. Stock users are encouraged to use existing trails such as the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail, although cross country travel is allowed. To minimize erosion, prevent the spread of weeds, and to protect fragile plant communities, stock users should comply with the regulations listed below.
Know Before You Go
- The total number of stock on overnight trips is limited to four animals per group.
- The total number of stock on day trips is restricted to six animals per group.
- Animals are not allowed to overnight within 200 feet of any water's edge, or in any wet areas.
- Stock users are encouraged to feed certified weed-free feed 24 hours prior to entering the monument.
- Commercial use within the monument is not allowed.
Stock Use Bulletin
- Stock Use (PDF) - General bulletin addressing stock use based on the Monuments Record of Decision and general protocols for limiting resource damage and ensuring the safety of the horse and its owner