Fishing and Hunting
The Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument is a popular spot for anglers and hunters. Many hunters and anglers use the Hyatt Lake Recreation Area as a base camp for these activities. In addition to camping, the area offers access to 2 boat ramps and dock facilities, nearby creeks, and a fish cleaning station. Hunting is not allowed within the Recreation Area.
Both of these activities are regulated by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODF). Click on the links below for more information from ODF. Anglers must have a valid Oregon fishing license.
Due to limited vehicular access, the monument provides exceptional opportunities for those wishing to hunt or fish in a wilderness-like setting. Key limitations on motorized and mechanized travel are listed below:
- Motorized vehicles, as well as non-motorized game carriers, are not allowed for cross-country travel within the monument.
- Motorized game carriers are restricted to roads designated as open to the public. See the Transportation Map (PDF).
- Travel on the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) is limited to foot or stock use. Mechanized game carriers are not allowed on the PCT or closed roads identified for decommissioning. See the Transportation Map (PDF) and the Approved Road Treatments Map (PDF) for specific road information.
- Vehicles accessing existing dispersed camping sites must stay within 50 feet of the road. If you choose to camp outside of a designated campground, please camp in already disturbed areas.
- Please note that hunting and fishing are only allowed on monument lands and boundaries with private land are not always clearly marked. Call 541-618-2200 to request a map or click on the link below to download a monument map.
For hunting and fishing related maps, view the monument maps page.