Recreation Permit Instructions
BEFORE YOU START - MAKE SURE THIS APPLICATION CAN BE TURNED IN 180 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT OR ACTIVITY (More or less time may be needed to complete work on your permit. Contact the appropriate BLM District Office for additional information.)
DO NOT ENTER THE PERMIT NUMBER. The authorized official will assign a permit number.
1. Indicate whether this permit is a renewal or a new application.
2. Enter the name of your organization, including the department.
3. Enter your Name and Address.
4. Enter your business telephone number and your fax number.
5-6. Indicate the names and phone numbers of those authorized to conduct business with the BLM concerning this permit.
7-8. Enter your email address and website. If you do not have a website, indicate N/A.
9. Indicate whether the applicant is an Individual, Corporation, or Government Agency.
10. Enter the name of the Public Land that you would like to use for your event or activity and attach a map of the area. The map should indicate the track or course, concession-stand areas, registration area, first-aid areas, and any other areas associated with your event or activity.
11. Indicate whether the permit is Commercial, Competitive, Organized Group, Vending, or a combination. See page 2 for definitions.
12. Enter the name of the Public Land that you would like to use for your event or activity and attach a map of the area. The map should indicate the track or course, concession-stand areas, registration area, first-aid areas, and any other areas associated with your event or activity.
13. Describe the purpose of the event or activity. State the projected number of participants and spectators. Describe all facilities that you will be providing, such as porto-potties, concession stands, first-aid stations, and others. Be sure to include all of these facilities on the map.
14. Fill in the arrival date and time and the departure date and time, whether the permit is multiple years, every other year, etc.
15-15d. Fill out Yes or No for questions 15-15d.
16. Certify the information on page 1 with your signature.
Pages Two and Three
Page 2-3 are provided as Definitions, General terms of the permit, Notices, and Burden Hours Statement.
Please be aware that additional terms and/or stipulations may be placed on the event given the location, sensitive resources, and user conflicts.
Also be aware that the BLM will send you a post-use report that will have to be filled out and returned in 30 days after your event has taken place.
Send in your application with accompanying documentation.
Send your completed and signed application to the appropriate BLM District Office. Detach page three, the Post-Use Report, for filing after the event is completed.
Contact the appropriate BLM District Office regarding completion of the following information:
- A map of the area, the course or track, and all facilities that you will be providing.
- An operation plan.
- Proof of private landowner or other agency permission, if applicable.
- Proof of insurance.
- A copy of your license.
- Any additional District Office forms.